Saturday, July 28, 2012

It was like a Farmer's Market


I had a great visit yesterday from my Godparents Thespina and Costas.  Not only did I enjoy hearing more family history and history of Greece but they brought me a Farmer's Market, freshly grown, from their ranch in Cotati CA.  They brought figs from the tree that originally came from Greece, walnuts from their trees, fava beans, horta (greens), zucchini and a huge bunch of freshly dried oregano.  
The only thing that would have made this better would have been fresh lamb straight from the ranch...maybe next time.

My Godmother also shared with me a favorite summer recipe from her Mother, my Great Aunt.  I can't wait to give it a try!  If its as good to eat as it looks on paper I will definitely share the recipe.




1 comments:

A place for Friends, Food and Fun